Deaf dog that was stung by thousands of bees was lucky to be saved
As if being stung by thousands of bees wasn’t already bad enough, he was abandoned at a shelter after the incident by his family.
The deaf Pit Bull, subsequently dubbed Stinger by rescuers, came at the shelter covered in life-threatening blisters all over his body.
As they couldn’t treat a dog in this bad of condition, they planned on euthanizing him.
That’s when Carri Shipaila, who operates LuvnPupz rescue in Greater Grand Rapids, MI, stepped in to help. As soon as she heard about Stinger, she hopped in her car and drove nearly an hour to take him up from the shelter.
Regrettably, his family declined to take him, so she immediately began to work to save Stinger’s life. They treated his stings, as well as a subsequent skin infection and sarcoptic mange.
Unfortunately, he wound up having Pemphigus, an autoimmune illness, which he will suffer for the rest of his life.
Because of the costs of his care, he will never be up for adoption, but he did find a loving forever home with a foster and will continue to receive care and therapy from LuvnPupz.
Stinger has come such a long way from when he first was dumped at the shelter. His painful blisters have finally healed and he has a gorgeous white coat.
He is such a lively, loving dog and is enjoying his new life in a loving home!
Please ‘SHARE’ to pass on this story to a friend or family member
Someone should have kept a better eye on this adorable pup, unless they led him to a hive purposely. Regardless, I am so glad he survived. People need to step up and take better care of their animals.
I agree. How anyone could leave him this way is beyond me – how could he or she look at themselves in a mirror? I hope that Karma hits people who could do such a heinous, callous thing in a BIG way. They should rot in hell. I cannot believe they would just dump him, but I agree with you – he was led to a hive and to have mange too? I would slap these people silly before I turned them in for cruelty.